- Reduces muscle pain and stiffness and increase the flexibility of muscles and tendons.
- Stimulates blood circulation – The heat of the hot stones will dilate your blood vessels and induce better blood flow, without raising your blood pressure. This increased blood flow will help flush out the metabolic waste and lactic acid in your blood, and supply fresh oxygen and nutrients to the muscles.
- Increases the efficiency of your body in removing toxic residues – The natural potency of the heat and weight of the hot stone will relax your muscles and prompt a better lymphatic flow in your body. This enhanced lymphatic flow will in turn help your body to remove toxins more efficiently.
- Improved circulation of the body’s lymphatic system gives you better-looking skin, with reduced wrinkles, scars, and uneven dark spots.
- Regular hot stone massages will cleanse your inner body continuously and improve the working of your excretory system (the bodily process of discharging waste).
- Helps maintain a healthy immune system and reduces symptoms of allergies.
- Reduces mental and physical stress.
- Reduces menstrual pain and muscle aches that occur during menstrual cycle.
- Reduces excess fat and accumulation of cellulite. The heat and massage of the hot stones stimulate metabolism and effectively push fat residue that has been accumulating under the skin back into the blood circulatory system.
- The heat from the hot stones will penetrate deep into your inner muscles. The treatment will warm your body, and cure numbness in the muscles, which is caused by cold hands and feet. This treatment is highly beneficial for elders and those who often experience cold penetration in their bones. This treatment will induce healthy immune function, efficient blood circulation and full relaxation of the body.
People who frequently receive massages and want to immerse themselves in the benefits of the hot stone massage explained above.
People who exercise regularly on a daily basis and experience muscle pain caused by lactic acid build up in the muscles during intense exercise.
The following individuals must be aware of their unsuitability for Hot Stone Massage:
Patients with diseases needing close monitoring by doctors, such as heart disease and diabetes patients must be medically certified by their doctor to receive this treatment. A certificate is required as some medications that patients are currently taking may contain specific warnings and drug precautions in which this treatment may be contraindicated.
Those with cancer or lymphadenopathy are prohibited from receiving this treatment. Although these patients have undergone surgeries and recovered permanently, the hot stone massage is highly potent in stimulating lymph circulation, which can release cancer cells or cause recurrence of cancer cells in those who previously had cancer surgeries or lymph node removal.
Psoriasis and skin cancer patients are prohibited from receiving this treatment.
Patients with high blood pressure must take their medications before they receive this treatment.
People with skin sensitivity to heat or those who have sensory defects of their skin should avoid hot stone massage or be extra cautious not to overheat the stone.
Patients with fever or recent infectious symptoms are prohibited from receiving this treatment. While hot stone massage can rapidly relieve infectious symptoms, this treatment should be avoided. This is because the body’s immune system is already fighting against infections, and if these patients receive the treatment, it will be an over-stimulation to their body and cause an intercurrent illness/disease.
Before and after this treatment, both the therapist and the patient must drink plenty of water to drive the excess heat out of the body and increase the detoxification of residues in the body through urine and sweat.
If abnormal symptoms are experienced during the treatment, it must stop immediately, and patients must drink plenty of water to increase the efficiency in flushing out toxins from the body. Symptoms will improve within 24 hours.
In order to fully achieve the above-mentioned health benefits from this massage therapy, you must receive a full course treatment, which will run for a duration of at least 90 minutes. Therefore, we request our clients to set aside 90 minutes or more to attain all the health benefits of this therapy. We offer hot stone massages starting from 90 minutes only. If you want to receive this treatment in less than the recommended time, you cannot reap the full health benefits of the massage.
At The Ocean Green, we are earnest in ensuring that our clients receive the utmost health benefits from our therapy. Therefore, you can be rest assured that you will leave our store feeling revived and rejuvenated.
For your information, the spa stones at The Ocean Green are premium quality. They are genuine volcanic hot stones with high mineral content imported directly from Japan. Therefore, you can be assured of the stones’ potency and natural energy as they are of a high standard.